IT Strategy & Policy Implementation
- Provide input into the development of IT strategy and implement same.
- Implement approved policies, standards operating procedures (SOPs), work plan and other support systems including monitoring mechanisms in managing the IT Unit to achieve targeted objectives.
IT Infrastructure Maintenance
- Implement approved maintenance schedule for all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless installations, etc.
- Test network/server performance and provide performance statistics/reports to for upgrades and development of strategies for maintaining network/IT infrastructure.
- Supervise and coordinate the installation and configuration of hardware, software (i.e. PCs, laptops, Printers, Scanners, etc.) and other peripherals to facilitate business operations.
- Provide input into the preparation of proposals, bid documents, contracts and other documentation for IT infrastructure projects.
- Supervise the deployment of IT hardware and other supporting equipment to operational areas.
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of the IT Unit to support the Centre’s IT infrastructure by:
- Monitoring computer networks for security issues to determine when to update virus protection systems.
- Investigating security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Instituting security measures and operating software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programmes.
- Documenting security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Working with the IT team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Fixing detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Developing company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Performing penetration testing.
- Guiding direct reports to install security software and understand information security management.
- Researching security enhancements and making recommendations to management.
- Training users in support of changes to infrastructure.
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks for approval and implementation.
- Monitor to ensure users adherence to approved IT Infrastructure governance, policies and regulations to ensure maximum protection of the Centre’s IT systems and operations.
- Investigate IT related issues and recommend corrective actions to Supervisor for improvement.
- Monitor user units to ensure strict adherence to IT standards in line with approved guidelines/principles and international best practices.
Stakeholder Relations & Management
- Maintain professional relationships with suppliers/vendors and other stakeholders to facilitate the operations of the Centre.
- Liaise with suppliers/vendors to ensure services are delivered to agreed standards, required quality and within timeframe.
- Provide input in the preparation of the annual budget of the IT Unit and implement same.
Information & Reporting
- Stay abreast with legislations, rules/regulations on new and emerging developments/trends in IT security to enhance IT operations at the Centre.
- Maintain and update data of all IT infrastructure, equipment and tools to track and monitor their usage.
- Prepare periodic reports on issues relating to IT security and infrastructure.
Employee Performance & Development
- Conduct performance appraisal and provide input for career development and recommend performance incentives for direct reports.
- Identify training needs and facilitate training for direct reports.
- Strong knowledge/understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact.
- In-depth knowledge/understanding of networking and other IT systems.
- Sound knowledge of computer network penetration testing and techniques.
- Ability to develop plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs.
- Ability to train users to promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency.
- Sound project management skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to handle information with utmost confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and often pressured environment.
- Ability to apply good knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision to achieve timely results within agreed timelines and standards.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all categories of staff.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and other software and tools relating to IT security.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Master’s degree in Management Information Systems, Information Technology or an equivalent discipline from a recognised institution with at least five (5) years relevant working experience in a similar role.
- Professional certification in CISO or an equivalent is essential.