Quality Control Strategy & Policy Implementation
- Provide input into the development of Quality Control strategy and implement same.
- Implement approved policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs), work plan, operating manuals and other support systems including monitoring mechanisms in the Quality Control Unit to achieve targeted objectives.
- Implement and promote quality achievement and performance improvement strategy throughout the data capturing processes of the Centre.
- Supervise the quality control activities including verification of records in accordance with quality control/assurance standards.
- Support the interpretation and implementation of quality control/assurance standards.
- Make input into the evaluation of adequacy of quality control/assurance standards as and when necessary.
- Devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data within approved limits.
- Review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems.
- Investigate and address complaints and non-conformance issues within approved limits.
- Supervise the collection and compilation of quality data for statistical purposes as may be required.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system and make recommendations to Supervisor.
- Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions.
- Prepare adhoc/regular reports to communicate outcomes of quality control activities as may be required by Supervisor.
- Document quality assurance activities and participate in on-site audits that may be conducted by external providers from time to time.
- Monitor the implementation of process controls to ensure that data captured are accurate.
- Identify non-conformances within the data capturing process and propose corrective and preventive actions to Supervisor for approval and implementation.
- Maintain and update standard operating procedures or quality control manuals.
- Monitor operational achievements and compare performance against internal plans or budgets to ensure compliance.
Stakeholder Relations & Management
- Maintain professional relationships with suppliers/vendors and other stakeholders to facilitate the operations of the Centre.
- Liaise with suppliers/vendors to ensure services are delivered to agreed standards, required quality and within timeframe.
- Provide input in the preparation of the annual budget of the IT Unit and implement same.
Information & Reporting
- Stay abreast with new developments and international best practices on quality assurance/control to facilitate improvement in service quality and standards.
- Prepare monthly and periodic report(s) on performance and quality of operations.
Employee Performance & Development
- Conduct performance appraisal and provide input for career development and recommend performance incentives for direct reports.
- Strong knowledge/understanding of reading and interpreting quality control documents, codes, standards, and project specifications.
- Good knowledge/understanding of Service Quality Management principles.
- In-depth knowledge/understanding of process and method of quality assurance, IT application, development and project methodologies.
- Sound knowledge/understanding of service quality management principles.
- Knowledge and understanding of rersearch methods
- Sound project management skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and organizing skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Ability to handle information with utmost confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and often pressured environment.
- Ability to apply good knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision to achieve timely results within agreed timelines and standards.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all categories of staff.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and other software and tools relating to quality control.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Health Informatics or an equivalent discipline from a recognised institution with at least five (5) years relevant working experience in a similar role.
- Professional certification in Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or an equivalent is essential.