- Mine data sources and compile statistical data.
- Design data analyses models and reporting packages.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and produce report.
- Develop and implement databases, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and clean data by reviewing computer reports, printouts and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Provide input (as may be required) into on-site audits conducted by external providers.
- Make input into policies and procedures regarding collating and analysing data.
- Critically evaluate and screening data, plus profiling to identify any issues.
- Develop new data analysis processes.
- Assess analytics on an ongoing basis.
- Oversee the data warehouse, including the collection and utilization of all data.
- Extend knowledge of business intelligence to provide ongoing refinement of processes to improve operations.
- Prepare regular/adhoc reports as may be required by the Project Manager.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned.
- In-depth knowledge/understanding of the use of complex computer programmes to mine data sources and look for trends.
- Ability to work in any of the following programming languages/softwares: Python, SQL, R, PowerBi, Tableau, SAS or Qlikview, RapidMiner, XLminer, Weka
- Ability to design data models and reporting packages.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills on findings to internal and external clients/stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and numerical abilities.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with maximum accuracy.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all categories of staff.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and other software/tools relating to data and business intelligence analysis.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Master’s degree in Data Science/Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics or an equivalent discipline from a recognised institution with at least five (5) years relevant working experience in a similar role.